Monday, February 28, 2005

A review of a plagiarism website...Taeboo Nam

Actually, before I contacted the website of the plagiarism tutorial(http://library.acadiau.ca/tutorials/plagiarism/), I was confused of plagiarism. However, from this site, I could get some instruction of plagiarism. First, what I learned was finding out what plagiarism was. As an example, the site explains that it is not plagiarism if you use a direct quotation into your paper, place quotation marks, and then credit the source. Also, what I interested in was how to cite or use common knowledge. Especially in science subjects, according to the instruction of the site, common knowledge does not need to be cited. Finally, the site gave me the correct way to distinguish between quoting and paraphrasing in APA style. The websites states that “A quotation uses exactly the same words and puts them in quotation marks.” However, it states that “A paraphrase uses an author's idea, but expresses it in your own words - without quotation marks, since it's no longer a word-for-word quotation. “
Consequently, anyway, I think it was a useful site that can give us instructions of plagiarism and prevent us from committing academic plagiarism

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home