Compare with Marita and Haley- Taeboo Nam
I think that it is different because Haley herself already knew that it was plagiarism, but Marita didn’t recognize that. In my opinion, there is a big difference, not similarities.
In Haley’s case, she knew that it was plagiarism. Although she already knew that to copy and paste some sentences for her assignment from internet sources, she tried to do that because of her late assignment. In the story, “The Plain Dealer,” she had gotten caught plagiarizing and then suspended for a day from school by the punishment. However, her late assignment made her try to plagiarize other sources again. Of course, through the opinion like the school didn’t give her enough education against plagiarizing, her action might be justified, but I totally agree with the school’s policy that dismissed her out of school.
However, I think Marita’s case is different because she didn’t recognize that it was plagiarism. In the story, “Lives on the Boundary,” she was thinking that it would be all right to find sources from text books and then to put the name of the book on the back of the paper. Therefore, even, she was still wondering why she was in counseling office of her school. As the author’s opinion, I think that it is desirable that the school allow her to give a chance to rewrite a essay of the assignment.
In Haley’s case, she knew that it was plagiarism. Although she already knew that to copy and paste some sentences for her assignment from internet sources, she tried to do that because of her late assignment. In the story, “The Plain Dealer,” she had gotten caught plagiarizing and then suspended for a day from school by the punishment. However, her late assignment made her try to plagiarize other sources again. Of course, through the opinion like the school didn’t give her enough education against plagiarizing, her action might be justified, but I totally agree with the school’s policy that dismissed her out of school.
However, I think Marita’s case is different because she didn’t recognize that it was plagiarism. In the story, “Lives on the Boundary,” she was thinking that it would be all right to find sources from text books and then to put the name of the book on the back of the paper. Therefore, even, she was still wondering why she was in counseling office of her school. As the author’s opinion, I think that it is desirable that the school allow her to give a chance to rewrite a essay of the assignment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home