Saturday, February 12, 2005

Discusses your own experiences with plagiarism by Dong hwi Kim

Yes, frankly I plagiarized so many time in my former school which located in West Virginia. When I had a homework or research paper, sometimes I plagiarized. I am not different to Haley, Marita and Jamal. Sometimes, I plagiarized by cut and pasted the paper like Haley and sometimes I listed the internet sources or magazines to my research paper like Marita. Moreover, I just turned in somebody's paper to the professor by changing original name to my name like Jamal.

I knew that was not good but I did not realize that it was against academic rule and it was a plagiarism. As Haley, Marita and Jamal, I also did not get an education about plagiarism. That is why I did it. And, sometimes when I did not have any idea about the paper or assignment and I did not have an enough time to finish of it, I plagiarized.

I do not remember exactly but around two years ago, I took phical science 1 class. When I took that class, my professor gave to us a research paper assignment about natural disaster. In that time, he asked to us "Find internet sources which is relate to your topic and write down paper by your own words." But, I cut and pasted many internet site sources and copied it almost. And, I just turned in that paper to the professor. After a few days, when my professor returned the paper to each student, he commented "Your paper was not written by your own words and you copied so much" something like this. And, finally, he gave me so poor score about the research paper. That what I remember about my plagiarism experience.

I do not have any idea about OSU. What if I plagiarized, how can professor will respond. Dr. Bloch...Would you explain to me in next time? I am really wondering about it.

- Dong hwi Kim -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home