hangchun Zheng(own experiences with plagiarism)
I don’t really have a lot of experiences with plagiarism. I had never got caught for plagiarizing in my life either. During my high school years, I would write an English paper, and then I will ask my friends to proofread the paper over and make any correction on it. In high school, none of my teacher considers that as plagiarism. Until I got to college, I spoke to my English professor; he said that asking somebody to proofread and make correction on it can also be considered as plagiarism. I am glad that I spoke to my professor about this matter, otherwise, I might commit plagiarism and I don’t even know what had I done wrong. But in my high school year, one of my classmates did get caught for plagiarism. What he did was that he copy and past from the internet and he never cited the paper. He didn’t just copy couple of sentence; he copied about 50% of the paper. The teacher find out at the end, the he give that student an “F” on the paper as a punishment. That student did intentionally cheat too, he know what he was doing. He had never thought that the teacher would go online to search to find out if he cheated or not. I think that punishment was good, because is better for him to get punish in high school than college.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home